Because every girl wants her spray tan to last longer…
Spray tans are, hands down, my favourite and easiest way to ensure a beautiful and healthy glow all year round, and the best part is that you don’t damage or put your skin at risk by having to lay in the sun for hours on end!
Spray tans do, however, often fade after a couple days and can be expensive, especially after making regular appointments. With that in mind here are my top tips to lengthen the life of your spray tan.
1. Shave. It’s vital you shave and get all waxing done just before your appointment.
2. Exfoliate like crazy! Start exfoliating three days prior to your tan, this will ensure all dead skin cells are removed, leaving a smooth and silky surface for the tank to sink into.
3. Wear loose and baggy clothing. Definitely go braless ladies! This will avoid tan lines and prevent any tan from rubbing off.
1. Always check the after care with your technician, and follow their instructions like your life depended on it! Each formula is different, but usually wait four to eight hours after your spray tan to shower. Shower in a gentle lukewarm to cold water and lightly pat dry with a towel- do not rub.
2. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! Hydrated and soft skin will ensure you have an even and long lasting tan. Ensure that you avoid heavy body lotions, as they can lighten the colour of your tan. Use a basic, oil free moisturiser as the oil will cause your tan slip and slide off.
3. Gradual self tanners will be the best side kick ever! A moisturising self tanner will help to boost and maintain your bronze glow, especially on your face and hands. Add the self tanner into your routine every three to four days and on days when you have been particularly physical and active. This is the best trick to ensure your spray tan lasts as long as possible.
4. Keeping up with the exfoliation. LIGHTLY exfoliate every two to three days, removing the dead skin cells will help to maintain your tan and will ensure your tan fades evenly without getting blotchy.
With Summer just around the corner, don’t harm and damage your skin by sun bathing, use my top tips to get a beautiful, safe, bronzey glow.
You can read up about all my favourite spray tan brands here.
Do you have any other tanning tips to add? Let me know below!