Ahhh Disneyland, the only place on earth where dreams do come true.
I lost my Disneyland virginity about three and half weeks ago, and I can honestly say it was one of the happiest days of my life.
Being the mega Disney fan girl that I am, you can only imagine how excited I was.
I guess you could say my expectations for the day were through the roof… but not once did I think to lower them to avoid disappointment.
I mean, come on, it’s Disneyland – you’d have to be the most miserable sod in the world to be disappointed.
Just look at the place – how could anyone not be happy there?
I would even go as far to say that Disneyland is synonymous with happiness – it was THAT good.
But incase you need more persuading to go…
HERE’S 12 REASONS WHY DISNEYLAND IS THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH:
1. For the rides of course: The rides at Disneyland pretty shit all over the rides Rainbow’s End. The kiddies rides alone are better than all of the rides put together at Rainbow’s End – and I would know, I’ve been on all those bad boys #dontjudge
2. The magic: Okay, I know it sounds cheesy… but I can’t really think of a better word to describe how I felt. It truly was the most glorious, jaw-dropping, nostalgic place in the world. Happiness just washed over me as soon as I got there, I honestly could feel the magic.
3. Getting to feel like a kid again: That sense of adrenaline running through my body when I walked through those gates… it’s everything I’d always dreamed it would be (and more). Being surrounded my all my favourite Disney characters was just surreal.
4. The surroundings: Every single thing was ‘Disneyfied’ from the buildings, to the cars and even the food!
5. The smiles: Everywhere you looked, there were people smiling and pointing and laughing. The happiness is just infectious.
6. Meeting Disney characters: You get to meet your favourite Disney character (come on, everyone has one). Mine was Tinkerbell and I legit died when I met her!
7. Getting to feel like a princess: One of the ladies who worked in the cafe we lunched at told me that all the cast members called little girls “princesses” and I almost died. Like actually, how freaking cute is that?
8. You get to see all the Disney houses in real life: Everything from Minnie and Mickey’s house to the White Rabbit’s house where Alice got stuck. It is leggiittttttt!
9. The Disney parades: It’s almost worth going to just to see one of these! it’s the most magical experience a Disney fan girl like myself could ask for. All the characters parade down the road while fireworks go off around the castle.
10. The colours: Don’t expect to see any blacks or grays at Disneyland. Every single building, ride, character and morsel of food is packed with bright colours, pastels and rainbows, and it is simply amazing.
11. You forget all your life problems: Who needs a therapist when you can just go to Disneyland? There’s just so much going on and so much to smile and laugh about that nothing else in the world matters.
12. The shopping: There’s like a million souvenir shops which means you can buy a whole lot of Disney shit to make your friends jealous with. I got a Cheshire Cat mug that I use at work, and the below canvas drawing of Tinkerbell.
So what’s not to like?
The only things I didn’t like (and I hate saying it because I love Disneyland so much) were the food prices and the goddamned time it took to walk around the whole place.
The queues weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be – maybe it’s because we went to the one in Paris? It also wasn’t school holidays which probably made a heck of a difference. The longest line we waited in was about 25 minutes #winning
What are you waiting for? Book your tickets and go!
So yeah, it was pretty much heaven on earth. If you have yet to visit this land of dreams, do it. Like now.
P.s I am soooo regretting not taking my DSLR camera because now all I’ve got to remember it with is my shitty iPhone photos which in no way do it justice… wahhhhhh.
Have you been to Disneyland? What was your favourite part?